MARTINA HINGIS TRAINING AT ROLAND GARROS

We managed to obtain a few snapshots of Martina Hingis training with French talent Camille Pin at Roland Garros. This is a pleasant surprise. Hingis recently announced that she and Anna Kournikova are going to play at the Wimbledon Legends tournament.  The return of the Spice Girls will surely generate a lot of publicity.

Hingis will also participate in doubles with Lindsay Davenport on the WTA Tour. The veterans have yet to announce their schedule however.

More Hingis news. Hingis will also play the World Team Tennis tour this July and a few exhibitions such as Nottingham.

It’s nice to see Hingis back in tennis. I won’t lie, I have always been a huge fan of her style of play and I hope that¬† she will grace the courts for a little while longer than she did back in 2007.

Enjoy the photos!

[nggallery id=46]

12 Responses to MARTINA HINGIS TRAINING AT ROLAND GARROS

• fadi edwan says:

I'm so happy to see her smiling again. I always beleived that she can't live without tennis, and the only thing that makes her really happy, is playing tennis.
    NO WONDER; SHE IS THE PRINCESS OF TENNIS. and as what the chinese fans wrote when she played at china open 2007: FOR EVER PRINCESS, MARTINA HINGIS.
    I think it will be an old chinese proverb!!!

• fadi edwan says:

I think it will be an old chinese proverb!!!

• fadi edwan says:

I think it will be an old chinese proverb!!!

• hinderer says:

comback in french 0pen…….

• nona says:

Martina looks fantasic. No doubt she and Anna will draw the crowds at Wimbledon.

• So good to see her playing, and even better to know she is going to be playing doubles on WTA tour.

• Pingback: Martina Hingis entrena en Roland Garros | Tenis Latinoamerica

• Dayri says:

wowwww single single single¡¡¡ please back to single¡¡¡

• manfredw says:

hey Johana!! Nice to see you comment here. Great that Hingis is practicing on the courts again hey!

Is Tennis Latino America your site? If so, it looks great. Even though I dont speak any spanish.

• Aaron l says:

Martina in doubles will be legendary can’t wait!

• Hey Manfred!!

I am always reading Tennis Grand Stand and World Tennis Magazine, I just don't comment that much, you know I am shy ;) and yes, Tenis Latinoamérica is my site, I started it a couple months a go.

BTW seeing Martina preparing to be back in the game, even if it is just for doubles, makes me wonder if she is going to be like Navratilova that played doubles and mixed until she was almost fifty, either way it's great for us, the fans, to have her back.

• manfredw says:

I am flattered that we have you as a visitor Johana! :D

If you want a link exchange then feel free to email me. You can email me at manfred.wenas(a)tennisgrandstand.com. Just change the (a) to @ :)

I just read that Matt Cronin of Tennisreporters.net heard from a very reliable source that Hingis is going to make a comeback starting with the US Hardcourt season! That's good news huh!! :D